Thursday 16 December 2010

Its all in the definition.

I got told recently that im inspirational.
How should you react to that? 
I dont think im particularly special or unusual, im just...... me. 
Thought id probably best check the meaning...


"in·spi·ra·tion·al
[in-spuh-rey-shuh-nl]
–adjective
1. imparting inspiration.
2. under the influence of inspiration; inspired.
3. of or pertaining to inspiration."


Uh, ok. Not greatly helpful. Lets try again...


"in·spi·ra·tion
[in-spuh-rey-shuhn]
–noun
1. an inspiring or animating action or influence.
2. something inspired, as an idea.
3. a result of inspired activity.
4. a thing or person that inspires.
5. Theology .
    a. a divine influence directly and immediately exerted upon the mind or soul.
    b. the divine quality of the writings or words of a person so influenced.
6. the drawing of air into the lungs; inhalation.
7. the act of inspiring; quality or state of being inspired.


Ok, thats a little better.
Lets see - number 1... i dont think thats going to be it, im not exactly what you would call 'animated' at the moment!
No 2 - I can do organising, i can do planning, i can even do common sense (usually for others) but im not really your ideas person.
What about 3? Seriously, the closest i get to activity is my wobbly, slow trips to the bathroom on my crutches!
4 - I dont see how i am in a position to inspire, unless it is inspiring people to not get pregnant and risk ending up like this! ;)
5 then, maybe this one? My mind is the consistency of wallpaper paste after five pregnancies, and my soul? I cant see it to be able to tell you. My 'writings' are really no great shakes, just somewhere i inflict my ramblings upon those la-la enough to read them.
6, this is more like it, i definitely do this one!
7 - last but not least! Naw, we're back to this again.


I think we had it on six, as breathers go im not bad at it. In fact, ive kept it up for 28 years - hey, thats pretty impressive!


Well look at me, maybe i am inspirational after all ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment